英剧《德伯家的苔丝》经典台词1(中英文对照)
http://en.jybest.cn 新东方英语 2015-09-16 大 中 小
特别提醒:科学填报志愿比取得好成绩更加重要。考试结束了,尽快估分选大学、确定志愿吧。请点击这里,帮你解决!
Good day to you, Parson Tringham.
您好啊 特林汉姆牧师
Good day, Sir John.
你好 约翰爵士
Begging your pardon, Sir? Parson?
您刚说什么 牧师
We met last market-day, on this road at this time,
上次赶集时 我们在这条路上遇见了
and you called me Sir John. I did.
您叫我约翰爵士 是啊
And once before that, some weeks ago, again, Sir John.That is correct.
几周前那次 您又叫我约翰爵士 没错
You know that I am just plain John Durbeyfield the haggler,
我只是个普通的小贩约翰·德北菲尔德
so what I'm thinking...
所以我觉得...
Let me see your profile.
把脸转过来给我瞧瞧
Sir? Throw up your chin.
什么 下巴抬起来
There it is, the D'Urberville nose and chin.
没错 正是德贝维尔家族的鼻子和下巴
A trifle coarsened, perhaps.Sir?
是粗俗了点 您说什么
You are an aristocrat, Sir John.
你是贵族出身 约翰爵士
The direct descendant of one of the finest families in the land, the D'Urbervilles.
是本地最显赫家族之一 德贝维尔家族的嫡系子孙
I stumbled across the name in the parish records.
我是在教区的家谱上偶然发现的
From Normandy originally, came over with the Conqueror.
祖籍在诺曼底 随着远征的军队而来
Fought alongside Edward II and King John.
在爱德华二世和约翰王麾下征战过
Charles II made you Knights of the Royal oak for your loyalty.
查理二世曾因其忠心 授以皇家橡树爵位
So, if a knighthood were hereditary,as it more or less used to be,
所以如果跟过去一样 爵位也能世袭的话
you would be Sir John now.
你现在就该是约翰爵士了
Can this be true? Oh, yes.
这是真的吗 当然
There's hardly such a family in England.
这样的家族 全英格兰都没第二家
So where do we raise our smoke now, us D'Urbervilles?
那现在我们德贝维尔家族的香火 又在哪呢
Live, I mean?
我是指 都住在哪
You don't live anywhere.
哪里都没有了
A family vault at Kingsbere is the extent of your legacy.
金斯比尔的祖坟 就算是家族遗产了
Rows and rows of you, reclining under Purbeck marble.
一排排的祖先 埋葬于佩比克大理石陵墓下
What, no family mansions? Great estates?
什么 没有祖宅和房产吗
As a county family, you are extinct.
作为郡县家族 你们已经没落了
Good day, Sir John.
再见 约翰爵士
考试培训小助手
本科留学qq:436560382
研究生留学qq:437946603
免责声明:
① 凡本站注明“稿件来源:中国教育在线”的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属本网所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本站协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明“稿件来源:中国教育在线”,违者本站将依法追究责任。
② 本站注明稿件来源为其他媒体的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本站转载出于非商业性的教育和科研之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者在两周内速来电或来函联系。